BENTON COUNTY RADIO OPERATORS
In these bylaws, the BENTON COUNTY RADIO OPERATORS CLUB, an Arkansas non-profit corporation, shall be referred to as the Club.
The purpose of the Benton County Radio Operators Club is to furnish emergency communications, install and maintain radio repeater stations, train and help obtain licenses for new amateur radio operators, act as weather spotters for the National Weather Service, and support and aid all community activities when special communications aid is needed.
- Regular meetings of the Club shall be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 P.M. at a place designated by the board. Special meetings may be called by the President, and reasonable notice under the circumstances, orally or in writing, shall be given to the members.
- Roberts’ Rules of Order shall govern all proceedings of this Club unless otherwise specified in the By-Laws.
- The order of business at all meetings shall be as follows:
- Opening comments, greetings, and introduction of guests and new members. When time permits, the presiding officers shall have the members and other persons present identify themselves.
- Reading and approval of the minutes of the previous meeting.
- Treasurer’s report.
- Reading of communications and bills.
- Reports of officers, and committees.
- Unfinished business.
- New business.
- Program or guest speaker, if any.
- At all meetings, a majority of Club members present (in good standing) shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of new business.